• Completion of application form
• Submission of child’s individual file including:
o Photocopy of Birth Certificate
o Photocopy of Health card covering medical assistance (public or private)
o Inoculation card showing up to date inoculations
o Medical certificate indicating that child has no infectious diseases
o Name and contact of child’s Doctor
o Proof of residence (photocopy of gas, electricity or water bill, etc)
• Acceptance of this regulation as part of the Contract for Services Provided to be signed by the parent(s)/carer(s) and by Baby Kingdom
Baby Kingdom has places for 40 (forty) children, distributed as following:
• 20 (twenty) babies aged between 3 (three) months and up to being able to walk, distributed in 3 (three) separate rooms
• 20 (twenty) children aged between walking and 4 (four) years old, distributed in 2 (two) separate activity rooms
In order to comply with admission criteria, and in the event of full capacity, a waiting list will be compiled in order of pre-application. Whenever a place is available, the pre-application criteria will be respected and parent(s)/carer(s) will be notified.
Parent(s)/carer(s) will be informed in advance of these Internal Regulations and Working Procedures.
Parent(s)/carer(s) should take note of timetables, and endeavour to comply to these as near as possible:
• From 8.00 to 9.30 – Arrival of children and breakfast
• From 9.30 to 11.30 – Play and learning activities
• From 11.30 to 12.30 – Lunch
• From 12.30 to 15.30 – Hygiene and sleep
• From 15.30 to 16.00 – Light tea
• From 16.00 to 18.00 – Play and learning activities
• From 18.00 to 19.00 – Departure
In the time between 18.00 and 19.00, in spite of some children being collected by parent(s)/carer(s), recreational activities will continue until the actual time of departure.
The services of Baby Kingdom are limited on the following days:
• Public holidays in Malaysia and Kuala Lumpur
• Saturdays and Sundays
• School leaves published prior to the beginning of each year
Special requests are accepted for the above days, depending on the specific need. Fees/Quotation per request. Request should be performed with at least with three days ahead.
In the case of a prolonged absence, the parent(s)/carer(s) should, when possible, inform the probable date of the child’s return.
In the case of absence due to illness, parent(s)/carer(s) should provide, on the child´s return, a medical certificate stating that the child is able to return to the nursery.
In order to plan staff holiday periods, parent(s)/carer(s) should inform, earlier as possible, of the dates they intend to take holidays.
In the case of a child having a temperature above 37.5 C (thirty seven and a half degrees centigrade), the parent(s)/carer(s) must collect the child, the earliest as possible, after being notified.
In an exceptional case, where a child is collected by another person who is not on the list of authorized persons to collect the child, the parent(s)/carer(s) must inform the nursery in advance with the name of the person and a number of an identification document and this information will then be confirmed by the nursery to the parent(s)/carer(s).
Parent(s)/carer(s) contacts with the nursery, should be made at two distinct levels, as indicated below:
• With the technical staff, when dealing with matters relating to learning and development of the child (for example behaviour, physical and mental development among others)
• With the management, when dealing with matters related to the quality of global service provided, either complaints or suggestions.
This procedure is fundamental to ensure, at each level, a focal point of information and to avoid misinterpretation of eventual facts that may occur.
These contacts are also possible through alternative means, namely through the following email addresses
• firstname.lastname@example.org to make suggestions or for special requirements (diets, special care needed, etc.)
The same member of staff:
• Receives the children and has them taken to their respective rooms.
• Picks up the children from the respective rooms and hands them over to the parent(s)/carer(s) when they arrive at the end the day.
No arrivals or collections are allowed outside the door of the nursery.
In this area, so important and sensitive, the following requirements should be strictly observed:
• At the time of application, the parent(s)/carer(s) should indicate if a child has any allergic reactions to certain types of foods.
• This indication will be noted by the nursery.
• At any time, if parent(s)/carer(s) become aware of changes in the allergic behaviour of a child they must inform the nursery immediately.
• In order to enable a better control of the quality of the food, its suitability to children and the hours of meal times, food cannot be brought into the nursery from outside.
The menus are posted weekly; however, special diets are available when prescribed medically.
Authorization must be given, in the case of an emergency, for a child to be transported to hospital by the staff of Baby Kingdom.
Parent(s)/carer(s) will be promptly informed of any of these eventualities.
• Name of child and room
• Frequency of doses
• In the case of drops, indicate type of administration (nasal, eyes, ears or oral)
No medication will be given to children without exact instructions from the parent(s)/carer(s) or, in the case of an emergency, medical prescription.
Additionally, at the nursery, each child should have a complete change of clothes and a dummy identical to the one normally used, provided by parent(s)/carer(s).
Whenever possible, the use of toys belonging to a child, should be avoided in the nursery. If parent(s)/carer(s) choose to opt for this practice, Baby Kingdom takes no responsibility for any damage or loss.
Whenever a child, inadvertently, takes home a piece of a game, toy, puzzle or other, it must be returned the next day, to avoid games having missing pieces, so rendering them useless.
The fees should be paid between day one and seven of each month. Fees paid after that date, will be increased by 15%.
In the case of parent(s)/carer(s) want to cancel their child’s registration with the nursery, they should inform Baby Kingdom, at least 30 days in advance. If this is not complied with, a further monthly fee will be charged.
The monthly fees will be updated annually in September and the parent(s)/carer(s) will be notified of this updated fee during the month of May. The registration for the next school year should be paid during the month of June.
Advanced methods of payment are available, such as:
• Preparation of a take away type child’s or parent(s)/carer(s) evening meal.
• Periodical medical appointment in the nursery.
• Use of nursery premises, at the weekends, for birthday parties.
• First Friday every month the nursery will be opened until 2:00, so that parent(s)/carer(s) can leave their children there, for the cost of 150.00 RM (One Hundred and Fifty Ringgit) per child, including dinner and supervision.
• Other, by request of parent(s)/carer(s), will be considered in a case by case basis, provided the ability for Baby Kingdom to deliver them. The same applies for additional items such as:
• Bottles and teats*
• Baby wipes*
• Milk powder*
• Barrier creams, cleansing and moisturizing creams*
• Liquid soap*
• Pick-up and delivery of the children**
*(all prices vary with brands chosen)
**(Baby Kingdom reserves the right of delivering this service, depending on the number of children enrolled with the service – minimum ten)
For the preparation of an evening meal, and to ensure the ability to acquire fresh products, it is necessary that Baby Kingdom is informed until 16.00 on the day this service is required.
The reservation of the nursery’s premises for birthday parties must be thirty days in advance.
Thus, the following services are included in the monthly fee:
• Hours of opening from 8.00h to 19.00h
• Catering, including special diets and baby food*
• Learning tools
• Play and learning items
• Baby CCTV**
*(milk powder not included, see optional, below)
**(accessible from the web, exclusive for parents)